Yay! I am very excited about being nominated by Patricia @ PinkMacaron for the Liebster award. You can click on the name and check out her lovely blog. I wasn’t too sure what the Liebster Award was, but after a little bit of research I could see that it is a really good way to spread the blog love.
THE RULES of the award are: you have to write 11 random facts about you, answer 11 questions written by the blogger who nominated you, choose 11 bloggers for the award, write a set of 11 questions for them and let them know they’ve been nominated. So, here goes…
MY 11 RANDOM FACTS:
- I was never a rebellious teen. I’m terrified of being in trouble or letting people down.
- I hate when people are late.
- I’m not naturally outdoorsy (I never went camping/hiking etc as a child with my family) but I love it and it is something I hope will always be a part of my life.
- I enjoy spending time alone.
- I’ve visited 12 U.S. states.
- I spend way too much money on clothes.
- I have a ginger cat called Orlando (yes, after Orlando Bloom…).
- I would like to be semi-fluent in Spanish.
- I hope someday I can live near mountains – they make my heart happy.
- I’m happiest at a concert (especially if it’s country music, with good friends, sunshine and cheap beer!).
- I like to think of myself as quite spontaneous but I am really, really not. If you want to go out, let me know at least 48 hours in advance.
THE 11 QUESTIONS FOR ME:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I’ve always had blogs of some kind – from Piczo, to Tumblrs – but I wanted a slightly more professional-looking one, with a specific theme (travel). I like to write, and I like to reminisce on all my fun adventures so this combines the two!
2. What is your favorite traditional home food?
My favourite things my mum makes are vegetable lasagne and apple crumble!
3. What is your favorite movie?
Tough to choose and I’m always bad at answering these kinds of questions…Love, Actually, Walk the Line, Sleepless in Seattle, Mean Girls.
4. If you could live in any other time, what would it be and why?
Probably like the Mad Men times, like the ’50s-’60s for Beatlemania and JFK. Haha, I really have no clue.
5. Who is your icon and why?
My inspiration is probably Taylor Swift. I’ve followed her career right from the beginning, and been lucky enough to meet her a couple of times. I love that she hasn’t really let fame change her – she still seems to be the person she was right at the start. I think she genuinely cares about people, especially her fans, and goes out of her way to do nice things for them.
6. What are 5 places you want to visit before you become too old?
I’d love to see the world, but some places I’d really love to visit in the near future: Argentina, Chile, Peru, Nepal, Norway.
7. What is a quote you live by?
I’m not sure I have just one – I post a lot of inspirational quotes onto my Pinterest haha.
8. What is your beauty routine?
Oh God, I am terrible with things like this. I am not a very good female. I pretty much just use a face wash morning and evening. Then in the mornings, I moisturise (Simple Hydrating Moisturiser), and sometimes use foundation (Dream Matte Mousse). The only thing I always wear is eyeliner and mascara.
9. What are 3 things that inspire you the most?
Music, nature, and inspirational quotes hahaha.
10. What is your favorite non-blog website?
Wherever I can watch TV (currently watchseries.lt).
11. What is the best advice for new bloggers?
Ha, well I’m pretty sure I need some advice myself so I’m not sure I’m in much of a position to impart wisdom. Post what you wanna post. Talk to other bloggers. Get a good theme!
(I’ve only nominated 9 blogs as I’m still pretty new to this blogging game!)
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. What is your favourite meal?
2. What is your favourite view?
3. If you had to live in one spot on Earth for the rest of your life, where would it be?
4. Do you like concerts? Who is the last person you went to see?
5. What is a quote that you live by?
6. Are you close to your family?
7. What is your favourite makeup/beauty care product?
8. Who is your style inspiration?
9. What is your favourite T.V. show?
10. What 3 things inspire you the most?
11. Why did you start your blog? What inspired you?
Thanks for reading – I enjoyed taking part! Check back for new travel posts soon 🙂